- Test Engineering within the Supply Chain Technical Operations Organization.
- Provide technical level expertise related to manufacturing test at ODMs/JDMs and CMs (Contract Manufacturers) in Taiwan, and suppliers in South East Asia for sustaining production environments and some NPI activity.
- This role requires acting as the primary technical advisor to supplier resources in order to enable local resolution and escalating back to core manufacturing or development groups as appropriate
- Work with ODMs/JDMs/CMs to support test solutions, test software and electrical test interfaces for production testing of a wide range of Zebra products including Mobile Computers, Wireless Interfaces (WLAN, WWAN, Bluetooth, GPS), and Barcode Readers / Imagers.
- On-site support of test systems for Zebra product manufacturing in Taiwan.
- Test, Inspect and configure products as per Work Instructions based on Engineering drawings and Instructions.
- Provide first level of support for all Test and configuration systems at supplier locations.
- Prepare, Support and help maintain Test configuration systems at supplier locations.
- Troubleshoot defective products and be able to advise and provide training to suppliers.
- Perform regular Test audits on Supplier Test practices employed on products.
- Assist in deployment and support of New Test and configuration systems for the NPI products.
- Use Measurement System Analysis (MSA) tools to validate the designed test system (Cpk, GR&R).
- Engage in engineering design reviews and provide Design-For-Test (DFT) product analysis.
- Exemplifying strong leadership on quality goals and the delivery of lean solutions, low cost test systems, and cycle time improvements in an ethical and responsible way.
- Occasional travel to supplier factories in APAC region and outside of the region is required to work with US based test engineering and design engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics or Software Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related manufacturing electronics industry experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving capability associated with the manufacturing or functionality of electronic systems.
- Proficient in standard desktop applications with specialization in product testing and associated software tools.
- Test programming and familiarization with Test Instrumentation.
- Knowledge with some experience in operating and Troubleshooting Automated Test Systems.
- Basic Labview Test Development or other test software programming development.
- Communications skills in a multi-cultural, technical environment.
- Some knowledge of RF, Computer Hardware, ERP Systems would be an asset
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share with your network