The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the engineering tools platform within Enterprise Mobile Computing organization. The candidate will be responsible for interfacing with internal product development Engineers, industry experts and business stakeholders to determine needs, future trends, and translating them into platform solutions. The candidate should have more than five years of experience in Engineering Tools administration and development. Candidate should be familiar with agile development methodology at least in scrum level. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with DevOps best practices and be able to identify and automate manual engineering practices to increase our developer’s efficiency.
• Requirements Gathering & Feedback: The successful candidate must be able to identify opportunities within the engineering vertical segments for integrated software tooling solutions that can be delivered by the EMC Engineering Tools & Process team.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for critical Engineering Tools and provide resolution to complex developer’s issues.
• Actively process day to day Engineering Tool and Change Requests.
• Drive, set milestones and own initiatives during the entire project life cycle.
• Provide recommendations and solutions to problems using experience in multiple technical areas.
• Participate in Tool development, automations, self-service and integration initiatives.
• Applies existing technology in new ways to improve performance and productivity.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining Tooling solutions.
• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
• May influence the activities of junior level personnel (exempt professional and non-exempt).
• Networks with senior, internal and external, personnel in own area of expertise.
• Deliver webinars and trainings to the Engineering community.
• Drive the adoption of development standards around source control, unit testing, and continuous integration.
• Work closely with IT organization to enhance infrastructure and drive initiatives.