Works with sustaining engineers to improve quality and cost reduce printer platforms. Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates components and processes used in thermal printers. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experiments.
– Cost reduces printer electrical assemblies; improves product quality and performance; researches alternate components for components deemed end of life.
- Completes documentation necessary for change process into production
– Works with design assurance on qualifcation requirments
- Works with qualifcation labs to qualify new designs
– Analyze designs to designate necessary equipment to collect data.
– Evaluate and synthesize experimental tests and their results.
– Reads schematics on a variety of printer products.
– Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, abilities, and skills required of
personnel so classified.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Work Experience (years): 6+ years work experience
Key Skills and Competencies:
Advanced level of understanding of the electrical engineering
discipline. Advanced level of knowledge of electrical
components. Strong understanding of sustainable design
practices. Excellent english skills both verbal and written.