Manage Materials and Finished Goods Planning processes to support Global Customer Demand while maintaining inventory goals and costs. Works within the Supply Chain Organization coordinating current product demand, new product launches, and allocating/prioritizing material/builds during periods of supply constraints. Directs contract manufacturer(s) on requirements. Provides clear and pro-active communication with cross-functional teams including Operations Engineering, Order Management, Sales, Marketing, and several local and overseas suppliers.
1. Responsible for the planning and scheduling of multiple products built by the Contract Manufacturer (s).
2. Manage and monitor OEM’s performance to ensure commitments are met
3. Provide accurate and timely supply, demand, and inventory position plans
4. Facilitate planning/scheduling sessions and periodic reviews of established plans, schedules, and inventory to maintain schedules. Develop recommended actions to resolve conflicts.
5. Creates the Contract Manufacturing build request utilizing Sales-Operations forecast, historical data and current order-book trends
6. Responsible for planning and tracking consigned inventories of strategic components at OEM(s) and at Contract Manufacturer(s) locations.
7. Owns excess and obsolescence inventory review process and makes recommendations for disposition
8. Works with local and remote NPI teams to schedule prototype and pilot builds. Plan the transition from NPI into mass production and ramp.
9. Access Agile documentation system for BOM information
10. Access Oracle and Zebra's Share-point intra-net to run various reports or review data, such as; large opportunities, safety stock, planned orders, open orders, backlog, inventory levels, metrics and analysis
11. Be proactive in looking for opportunities to improve tools or processes.
12. Co-ordinate and synchronize supply planning activities with Team members in the US and China. Due to time zone differences some telecoms may occur in the evening or early morning.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
2. English Language Skills should be equivalent to TEM 8
- Listening & Speaking - very good
- Reading & Writing - very good
- Comprehension - advanced
3. At least 6 years of; materials or inventory management or demand/supply planning related experience in a medium to large sized company. Experience must include forecast generation, order execution and management, handling priorities, inventory optimization and master scheduling.
4. At least 4 years of experience working with Overseas Suppliers and Manufacturers
5. Hi tech manufacturing background focused on strategic planning preferred. Must have a working understanding of BOMs (Bills of Material)
6. Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills in a changing and dynamic environment.
7. Additional requirements include the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, a high level of comfort in working with numbers and data, and a strong sense of urgency to resolve issues. APICS Certification a plus.
8. Strong analytical skills, data mining, root cause, create solutions, recommend improvements, communicate results in a timely manner.
9. Work with tight timelines, sometime during non-standard office hours, to deliver high quality work products (data accuracy, planning integrity, defensible results).
10. Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
11. Working knowledge or ERP/MPS/MRP systems, preferably SAP or Oracle
12. Work efficiently and effectively with Zebra's Contract Manufacturers within the Guangzhou area.
13. Forge and maintain strong working relationships with Zebra's Regional Planning Teams based in London, Chicago and Singapore.
14. Willingness to learn new tools and processes - make recommendations on how those might be improved.
15. Strong ability to work, and be managed, remotely (Manager is based in Chicago, USA).