Test and evaluate performance and reliability of new and/or modified products to ensure that they contain no unidentified problems when released to manufacturing. Support New Product Engineering in the development of new and/or modified products by testing and evaluating prototype products.
1. Design tests and create test procedures to address complex test issues.
2. Develop focused test plans to identify product weaknesses.
3. Design and set up test fixtures. Design and perform Design of Experiments (DOE).
4. Coach more junior staff on application of appropriate standard and specialized testing methods at various stages of the design and development process.
5. Full knowledge of product and product cost drivers for all subsystems.
6. Proficient in the use of standard and specialized engineering tools. Develop and implement new tools to aid test, analysis and problem solving.
7. Perform complex root cause analysis. Participate in meetings with Engineering.
8. Drive test projects to completion in a timely manner.
9. Complete process improvement and automation projects.
10. Perform complex testing and quantitative technical analysis. Prepare final project reports. Coach more junior staff on data analysis tools and report preparation.
11. Typically leads one or more test technicians.
1. Proficient with computers and experienced with spreadsheet and word processing programs.
2. Effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Good planning and organizational skills.
4. Full knowledge of industry-specific software and equipment.
5. Full knowledge of lab equipment.
6. Full knowledge of job related policies and procedures as well as corporate policies and procedures that may impact role functioning.
7. A seasoned contributor having wide-ranging experience.
8. Resolves problems of significant scope that require development and selection of procedures and processes.
9. Works on complex issues and develops resolutions where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and/or frequent use of creativity.
10. Makes decisions to maintain test progress.
11. Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
12. Eight to twelve years experience developing and designing test plans from specifications. Experience leading teams a plus.